Overview of Position:
The position of Commercial Buyer for Red Fox Resources is a field procurement role in which the Commercial Buyer will spend the majority of time in the field negotiating purchase agreements for spent catalyst material.
The primary role of the Commercial Buyer is to generate new industry relationships through finding and procuring emission control components containing reclaimable platinum group metals (PGMs). The position will focus on the following markets/applications:
- Stationary power generation, both backup and prime
- Stationary natural gas compression and irrigation
- Construction equipment dealers and service providers
- Medium and heavy-duty truck & bus fleets and service providers
- Distributors and manufacturers of emission control systems
The daily responsibility of the Commercial Buyer is to find and negotiate the purchase of spent or surplus catalyst material including diesel particulate filters, diesel oxidation catalysts, and catalyzed metal foils from trucks, buses, construction equipment, generators, and natural gas engines for the purpose of recycling and recovering platinum group metals (PGM). The role will be supported by an inside sales team whose responsibility is to help generate leads, maintain existing business relationships, and coordinate logistics of parts acquisitions, shipments, and payments.
- Ability to clearly communicate the value package of Red Fox Resources both verbally and in writing.
- A proven track record of buying or selling PGM bearing material. Experience cultivating new business is preferred, but the position may be filled by a candidate that has experience in an existing business supporting role.
- Drive, self-motivation, and ability to work independently.
- Drive and desire to generate significant business growth through developing new relationships. The right candidate will be energized and motivated by the need to deliver aggressive growth.
- Capable of managing priorities, meeting deadlines and quotas, and being held accountable for performance.
- Ability and motivation to prepare and present organized weekly updates on progress, challenges, and new ideas.
- Interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and persistence required to generate new business, foster goodwill with customers, and maintain lasting customer relationships.
- Ability to respond to changes in the marketplace, to overcome challenges or obstacles to meeting goals, and the enthusiasm to work hard to meet business objectives.
- Commitment to taking a data-driven approach to procurement. Red Fox Resources uses the Salesforce.com CRM platform and the Commercial Buyer will be expected to embrace this tool and keep it current.
- Interest in and enjoyment of working in a collaborative environment that values teamwork, innovation, and communication.
- Desire to work for a company focused on environmentally sustainable business practices and a sustainable supply chain.
The Commercial Buyer will be compensated via base salary commensurate with experience in the field and commission potential based on the profitability from the sourced material. Commissions are not capped and paid monthly. Additional bonuses to be provided for meeting and exceeding defined milestones.
- Expense Account using company provided purchasing card
- Company provided vehicle, cell phone and laptop
How to Apply:
To apply send a resume and a cover letter addressing the questions listed above and why you would be a good fit for the Red Fox Warehouse team to: Tripp.Heller@RedFoxResources.com or call 415-793-3439.
Address the following items in your cover letter:
- What drives you to be successful?
- Why are you interested in a career change?
- Why are you interested in working for Red Fox Resources?
Red Fox Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.