Overview of Position:
Red Fox is hiring for the position of Catalyst Buyer in Northern California.
As a Catalyst Buyer you are a hunter and expected to be highly motivated and self-driven to grow a book of business by developing and managing customer relationships related to the purchase of parts. Daily activities include prospecting via on-line web research, cold calling and making in-person visits. You will initiate and maintain businesses relationships through regular contact and follow up. You will have or will gain the skills and knowledge to identify, evaluate, grade, and quote the purchasing of parts. Upon close of a deal, you will prepare all purchase documents, payment methods, and arrange for collection or transport of parts. Further you will follow and enhance best practices for the logistics and utilization of the company’s Customer Resource Management (CRM) platforms.
The position is as a full-time employee of Red Fox Resources working as a Catalyst Buyer in the greater San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California Territory. As a Catalyst Buyer, you will be responsible for finding and purchasing precious metals bearing automotive and industrial emission control parts for the purpose of recycling. The parts you will buy will include automotive catalysts (aka “3-way catalysts” or “autocats”), medium/heavy duty diesel aftertreatment components (aka “DOC” and “DPF”), and stationary emission control catalysts. Transactions will be business to business conducted in a compliant and professional manner. Potential sources of parts and material include, but not limited to: automotive and truck scrap yards, vehicle and equipment dismantlers, service and shops, heavy duty truck dealerships, commercial and municipal truck fleets, transit agencies, and auction houses.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the rules and requirements for catalyst purchasing to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Identify prospective sellers of automotive catalysts, diesel aftertreatment and stationary emission controls.
- Develop relationships through in person interface with customers.
- Inspect, evaluate, and grade parts to determine the offer price.
- Prepare, present, and negotiate purchase offers.
- Initiate and execute of business-to-business sales contracts.
- Ensure payments to parts suppliers are accurate and on time.
- Regular contributor to meetings to share market intelligence and best practices.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
The Catalyst Buyer should either have been trained or willing to be trained on the following skills:
- Use of e-mail, Excel, Word, Teams and other computer productivity tools.
- Use of sales management and CRM tools (Salesforce).
- Use of company parts database and external parts databases.
- Use of electronic devices such as smart phone or electronic tablet.
The Catalyst Buyer must have the ability to do the following:
- Understand and adhere to safety rules and policies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills suitable for building trusting relationships.
- Work in a physically demanding environment lifting and moving heavy parts (up to 75 pounds) by hand.
- Work in a collaborative environment as a member of a team.
- Also work independently on specific projects and tasks
- Take instruction and learn new work processes and tasks quickly.
- Work in a fast-paced environment driven by goals and deadlines.
- Be able to absorb and recall information and be comfortable with numbers.
- Show a high degree of enthusiasm, zeal, and hustle for generating business.
– High School diploma is required. A college degree in a technical or business field of study is a plus.
– Relevant and similar experience is preferred, especially experience with automotive parts sales and supply, catalyst sales or catalyst procurement.
– Clean driving record and ability to drive company vehicle for extended periods of time.
– Candidate may be subject to a background check during hiring process.
– Health benefits (after 3 months)
– 401(k) with employer match
– Paid holidays and sick time
– Monthly performance bonus
Professional Experience Requirements
- Experience in the automotive or heavy-duty truck service, parts distribution, or industrial recycling is preferred but not required if the candidate has a successful track record in warehouse operations.
- Candidate must have a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record and no DUIs.
- Candidate will be subject to a background check before hire.
How to Apply:
To apply send a resume and a cover letter addressing the questions listed above and why you would be a good fit for the Red Fox Warehouse team to: Tripp.Heller@RedFoxResources.com or call 415-793-3439.
Address the following items in your cover letter:
- What drives you to be successful?
- Why are you interested in a career change?
- Why are you interested in working for Red Fox Resources?
Red Fox Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.