Red Fox is currently looking to fill the following positions:
Service & Operations Manager (full time) – Oakland
Download the Full Job Description and instructions for applying here:
Job Description – Service and Operations Manager April 2018
Overview of position:
Red Fox is hiring for the position of Service & Operations Manager in our Oakland facility.
Red Fox Resources is an innovative company focused on recycling, cleaning, and repair of diesel emission control parts. We are a small company of approximately 10 employees and are located in West Oakland Our team and processes are guided by the key tenets of safety, cleanliness, accuracy, efficiency, and productivity.
We are seeking to hire a Service and Operations Manager. This person will be responsible for the day to day activities in our operations center. The Manager will supervise as well as work alongside other team members performing various workflow tasks. In addition, the manager will be responsible for input and summary of part and production data, developing activity and work flow schedules, managing inventory and work-in-process (WIP), and maintaining equipment and facilities.
The ideal candidate must have experience in a production or service shop environment, with skills related to computers, hand tools and equipment. He/she must have a passion for implementing and improving process operations and must be excited about the opportunity to be lead continuous improvement improvement environment. The candidate will relish the challenge of maintaining orderliness and cleanliness in a fast paced work flow environment.
As the company grows, there will be an opportunity for increased responsibility and personal growth.
The Service and Operations manager will report to the President of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Director of Operations will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Report to President and be actively involved with management team on a regular basis
- Set and manage achievement of performance goals based on the tenets of safety, cleanliness, accuracy, efficiency, and productivity.
- Present key operational information, work plans, efficiency improvement initiatives to management team
- Ensure operational capacity meets or exceeds projected demand
- Update and improve processes for collection, shipping, and receipt of parts
- Lead, grow, and manage operations workforce
- Continuously organize and upgrade operations with regard to process, personnel, and equipment
- Manage and maintain multiple Excel databases and business management systems
- Responsible for relationships with vendors and contractors that provide services to the Service and Operations group
- Assist in the design and execution work flow and floorplan to optimize accuracy, efficiency, and productivity
- Organize inbound and outbound freight shipments
- Responsible for safe and clean work environment
- Ability to quickly grasp the Company’s process, work flow, and goals
- “Whatever it takes” attitude to achieve goals
- Contagious level of energy and enthusiasm
- Vision to understand current and future operational needs related to equipment, processes, software, and personnel
- Self-starter and life-time learner
- Ability to work cross functionally with sales, finance and engineering teams
- Believer in both Red Fox culture and process
- Willingness to work more than 8 hours a day as needed to achieve goals
Qualifications and Experience:
- A proven track record of meeting personal and professional goals
- Experience in a similar service and operation work environment.
- Familiarity with operating hand tools, forklift, welding and plasma cutting equipment.
- Experience with computers and software (Word and Excel)
- Ability to work with datasets and spreadsheets to produce meaningful reports
- Customer first mentality
- Multi-year experience in either manufacturing or service activities
- College degree preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Candidate must have a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and no DUIs
- Candidate may be subject to a background check before hire.
- Health benefits
- Ongoing access to continuing education training
- 401(k) with employer match
- Vacation and sick time
- Company credit card, expense account, and access to a company vehicle as required
Candidate will be subject to a background check before hire.
To apply: send a resume and a cover letter addressing the questions listed above and why you would be a good fit for the Red Fox team to: Brad.Edgar@RedFoxResources.com or call 510-789-9917.
Red Fox Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.